The Pines, a new concept full-service restaurant in Rehoboth Beach, De, seeks a creative Executive Chef to work closely with the business owners and manage the restaurant’s kitchen. This restaurant is a new concept for this resort area and we are looking for an extraordinary talent to help us build something great!
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for all food preparation, production and controls.
• Hire, train, supervise, schedule and participate in activities of chefs, cooks and other personnel involved in preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with productivity standards, cost controls and forecast needs.
• Listen actively and communicate clearly while interacting with customers to promote food products and directing staff activities. Analyze feedback from clients and employees, make judgments and take action to implement suggestions for improvement.
• Control direct labor costs associated with the kitchen staff and create weekly schedules.
• Monitor staff performance, product quality and production flow; foster improvement where necessary.
• Supervise all aspects of the kitchen to ensure consistent, high quality product, daily line checks and quality control.
• Create and implement new menus and individual menu items based on current food trends, regional tastes and restaurant concept.
• Ensure all food safety expectations are met.
Minimum Requirements include:
• Five (5) or more years of experience in a supervisory role in a restaurant kitchen; Executive Chef or Sous Chef preferred.
• Must be able to obtain all work cards.
• Must have strong leadership skills and the ability to mentor and energize a diverse team of culinary professionals.
• Must have excellent organizational skills, ability to function under time constraints, expedite and meet deadlines with attention to detail.
• Must be able to work in a fast- paced, customer service driven environment.
• Current experience in the hospitality industry in a kitchen.
• Outstanding communication skills.
• Driven to succeed and enjoy seeing others succeed as well.
For more information, please got to our home page at www.thepinesrb.com
To apply for this position please e-mail your resume and letter of interest (including salary requirements) to email@example.com
The Pines is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.